Friday, March 11, 2011

Nancy Drew 2011 Convention Clues #35

Nancy Drew Sleuths on Ghost Tour

Nancy Drew Sleuths members will be going on a ghost tour during our Nancy Drew convention in Charlottesville, VA. It starts out in the downtown Charlottesville area and is described as:

You don’t have to believe in ghosts to enjoy this walking tour. Hear about reported ghost sightings. Walk in the fatal footsteps of Sam McCue, Charlottesville’s former mayor and prominent lawyer, and his wife, Fannie. Hear the witness testimonies. See where it all happened. Decide for yourself who is guilty of this famous 1904 murder.

The tour is a gentle two-hour stroll and covers approximately 1 mile over mostly flat terrain. We alternate walking and talking with lots of sit-down opportunities. It is completely wheel chair and stroller accessible.

To read up more on Sam McCue and his wife Fannie, here's a piece written in the local Charlottesville weekly, The Hook, about the murders. Or save the story for the tour and read it when you return...

We are looking forward to this evening of mystery and hauntings!

Jenn:)

4 comments:

Lisa K said...

I have never been on a ghost tour before, so I'm excited to experience my first one with the ND Sleuths!! :)

Lisa Kwong

Unknown said...

I love ghost tours, mainly for the history aspect. I missed the one in Lancaster because we had a chance to watch the Phillies in a World Series play-off game, and then had a spooky detour of our own driving in the foothills of Pennsylvania Dutch country.

Last year Carol, Amanda &I did the downtown West Palm Beach tour and Carol, Jeanie & did the Mt. Dora one. Both were a blast.

Thanks for planning this. I can't wait!

Christina said...

I, too, have never been on a Ghost Tour. I have heard about them. I am so looking forward to going on this one. I hope it doesn't rain or isn't a cold evening. I also hope someone doesn't accidently (or on purpose) turn their fire hose on us and we all get soaking wet! I promise to video tape every minute of that. {My camcorder works well in low light so we will have some of the Ghost Tour on our Memories Video!}

Thanks, Jen I am so looking forward to all of this.
Chris Webb

Anonymous said...

Can't wait! I've been on numerous ghost tours, and even have a few ghost tales of my own -- one from a trip to Australia.
Kathleen Richmond
Oak Forest IL