Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Nancy Drew 2011 Convention Clues #30

Meet Janet!

I’m Janet. I’m a charter member of the Nancy Drew Sleuths. Growing up in the Chicago area I read most of the Nancy Drew books (and tons of other series as well). I had three sisters and a brother so our house had a ‘book closet.’ It was like a little library. My cousins who lived a few blocks away and were around our age had a bigger book closet and we checked books out from both libraries.

I still have some of my childhood books – funny they all have my name in them as JAN – as I grew up watching the Brady Bunch on TV. I’ve always loved books and libraries and exploring. The books with missing objects, hidden compartments, old attics and tunnels are among my favorites.

I’ve spent the 2nd half of my life in Florida, and now have over 600 Nancy Drew books to my name. For the last 14 years I’ve worked in a library, written a few books myself, and still love to solve mysteries. I’m an archivist and historian, they I prefer to be known at ‘the history detective.’

Recently I received a Nook eReader as a gift. Guess what was the first book I downloaded? Nancy Drew and The Hidden Window Mystery!

Janet DeVries

2 comments:

LuAnn Sgrecci O'Connell said...

Wow 600 ND books! You must like the history references in the series being an archivist and historian. That's great that you are an author as well. I look forward to meeting you in Charlottesville.

Janet said...

Charlottesville will be an amazing trip - Nancy Drew, history, and fun with friends. Who could ask for anything more?