Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nancy Drew 2011 Convention Clues #29

Meet Elizabeth & A.B.!

Hi! I’m Elizabeth Morgan Walters, a 51-year-old Real Housewife of Williamson County in central Texas, married to the greatest husband in the world, Mr. A.B. Walters. I still have my childhood collection of Nancy Drew yellow picture covers that my parents bought me from 1970-1973. Because during this time some of the books were still “Original Text” and others were “Revised Text”, I became interested in noting the differences between the two.

As an adult I collected a copy of an Original and Revised Text of each book in the “Classic 56”. Then I decided to collect a book with an example of each cover art in the Classic 56, focusing on picture covers where possible. Of course I do have some dust jacketed books in my collection, but none of them are particularly rare or valuable, except on a sentimental level. My husband and I started attending Nancy Drew conventions the year we got married, 2007, so this will be our fifth one! Since the 2007 convention, my husband has read the original texts of numbers 1-41.

At the last convention we had the pleasure of meeting Rudy Nappi and my husband bought us the cover art for OLD ALBUM and LEANING CHIMNEY. I look forward to lots of spooky adventures with y’all in Virginia! We all owe a big debt of gratitude to Jennifer for setting up this fun organization.

Elizabeth & A.B.

5 comments:

Lisa K said...

Wow! I love the paintings :) I look forward to meeting you all at the convention!

Lisa Kwong

LuAnn Sgrecci O'Connell said...

I also love the Nappi paintings! It's always fun to find out where the originals are. Thanks for the photo!

Unknown said...

I love these paintings!! They are great.....I love Rudi Nappi's covers and I can't wait until the convention!!! :)
Elyssa Slusher

Shell in the City said...

I love your Nappi art. I've met Rudi a few times since he lives in the Charlotte area. I look forward to meeting you at the convention.

Shelli Simontacchi

Lea said...

Love how you framed the Nappis! AB really does get the award for best husband since he has read so many of the books! My husband wouldn't even know who Bess and George are.