Monday, January 28, 2008

Sleuths Activities

Hey Sleuths,

Our first blog posting! I thought I'd start us out by talking about what some of your fellow Sleuths and collectors have been up to!

Some of our members in the North/South Carolina area have been getting together since last fall to meet and have book chats on the Nancy Drew books. Sleuth Pam Horack has been heading up this effort and everyone in attendance has been having a lot of fun. The idea for this developed when Rudy Nappi (pictured) did a book signing event and several Sleuths and new recruits met up there. Pam wrote about metting Rudy in the September/October issue of The Sleuth. (www.ndsleuths.com/thesleuth.html)

Several Sleuths, including myself, have been giving talks related to Nancy Drew. Gina Travis (pictured) gave a talk, detailed in our November/December issue of The Sleuth, Meredith Jaffe also gave one, and I spoke at The Poisoned Pen about my Clues for Real Life: The Classic Wit and Wisdom of Nancy Drew book last December. I will be speaking at the Phoenix Library March 18 about the book and Nancy Drew collecting.

Sleuth discussion group member Kim Wibbing created her own set of Nancy Drew Barbie dolls and sent me a photo which I'll share with everyone.
If you've been working on something crafty or have your collectibles displayed in an interesting way, send photos and I'll use them in future blog postings. Let us know what you're up to--post comments!

Jenn:)

No comments: